Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother Dear...

{Our mother when she was a teenager in Brazil}


Today is Mother's Day...what a special day. I always wanted to be a mother and a good one too. I would say, that motherhood is a tough job, but one that is noble and right. Often times I feel I fall short as a Mother, but am always willing to try a little harder. I know the work I am doing as a mother has great influence and that influence is power.


I feel blessed or "we" I should say, (because I know Leah would say the same) to have such a strong and lovely Mother. I love her because she does so much good, has always expressed her talents and creativity and is always willing to learn new things and I know she loves us.


Victor Hugo is attributed to saying


"She broke the bread into two fragments and gave them to her children, who ate with eagerness. She hath kept none for herself, ' grumbled the sergeant.


" 'Because she is not hungry,' said a soldier.


" No, 'said the sergeant, 'because she is a mother.' "


Happy Mother's Day to everyone...we all can impact the lives of the little ones.

P.S. We want to welcome all our new followers from Brazil...you see our mother is Brazilian and lived there until she fell in love with our dad and moved to the U.S. Beijos! Thanks Anna.


"Blessed"

xoxo Erica

1 comment: